Equi-N-icE’s Unique Cooling System
Optimum temperature reduction of the body after work and the dissipation of heat from tendons & joints has long been a challenge for trainers. The solution – an incredible product that can be used with ease and safety by all yard staff.
Equi-N-icE has revolutionised the cooling of horses with a simplicity and efficiency rarely found. Equi-N-icE acts by a process of rapid evaporation giving the effect of a cooling skin balm.
Equiplus has used this technology to produce two core products: the Cooling Bandage for horses and the Rapid Cooler Rug.
- Equi-N-icE draws heat away from the surface of the skin as opposed to driving cold in as in the case of ice packs.
- The skin is as much as 15 degrees cooler after the bandage or rug is removed.
- The coolant contains a unique mixture of non irritating rapidly evaporating alcohols ideal for use on sensitive thoroughbred legs.
- Cold and compression is well documented as the most effective way of treating inflammation, swelling and bruising of muscles, tendons and ligaments.
- Equi-N-icE forms a vital part of any yard’s First Aid box and now used by top vets and trainers to reduce recovery time.